Schools are investing more and more money in technology. Many districts are now 1:1 or very close to it. Putting technology into the hands of students, while expensive, is the easy part. Changing instructional practices is much more challenging. How do you make sure the devices your district purchased are not just used as expensive replacements for pencils? How do you move teachers out of their comfort zone to a place where they can embrace the incredible potential that technology provides to their students? Most larger districts have at least one technology integration specialist on staff, but they are usually stretched very thin. Many middle-sized and smaller districts usually can't afford the luxury of a full time integration specialist. Budget cuts are making it even more difficult to justify creating this position, that to many, appears to be non-essential.
This is where I come in. Over the last decade, I have built a highly specialized set of skills. I have a Master of Arts in Curriculum and Instruction with an emphasis in Educational Technology. I am one of just a two educators in the entire state of Nebraska who is both a Google Certified Trainer and Google Innovator. I'm also a trainer and consultant for Hapara. I spent over ten years developing a deep understanding of how to incorporate technology into my own classroom and I am passionate about sharing my knowledge and expertise with other teachers.
I am available to work in your district to perform any of the following tasks:
- One-on-one or one-on-small group coaching
- Assist with surveys to determine educational technology needs of staff (Administer and interpret BrightBytes survey or other instrument)
- Assist teachers with devising personalized technology plans
- Help teachers develop an understanding of how they can incorporate technology to meet the requirements of their evaluation tool - experience with Danielson Model
- Provide training and support to teachers as they begin to incorporate the ISTE standards into their practice
- Facilitate book study (this could be done virtually)
- Provide training to help teachers obtain Level 1 and Level 2 Google Certification
- Help teachers build their personal learning networks (Twitter, Google+, Facebook communities, etc.) so they can be more comfortable seeking out learning opportunities
- Provide differentiated trainings for any of the tools in GSuite for education
- Work with teachers to help them develop their own class website and/or blog
- Assist teachers with setting up Google Classroom and help them figure out how it will work best for their particular needs
- Work with key teachers in your district to help them build skills that can be passed on to other teachers (train the trainer model)
- Help district write technology plan
- Provide training for administrators who have the desire to become more "tech savvy"
Do you have a need that is not listed? Contact me and we will see if I have the skills and knowledge to make your idea a reality.
My fees are reasonable and well below what other Google and technology integration experts charge. My goal is to provide a valuable service at a rate that makes it possible for districts to utilize me as much as needed, not just once or twice a year or when something goes wrong.
Fill out the contact form linked on this site or email me at learnwithbeth247@gmail so we can get the ball rolling!